RTS is seeking experienced systems drafting personnel to join our design-build teams in our New York City and Maryland offices.
RTS’ systems drafting personnel support our sales, operations and production departments in the documentation of technology solutions for implementation at client facilities. Some of the responsibilities of the position include:
- working with our designers and engineers to create drawings and sketches that illustrate technical design intent and/or validate engineering concepts
- communicating with project team members to review and coordinate design solutions with architectural, engineering and other trade drawing sets
- developing floor plans, RCPs, risers, sections, elevations and details in support of an efficient and high quality systems installation
- detailing systems flow (“block”) diagrams, wiring diagrams, network topologies and other technical drawings for systems fabrication and assembly
- updating drawing packages at project completion to issue drawings of record (as-builts)
- researching functionality, details of connectivity and other nuances of technical products
The qualified candidate will be highly skilled in the latest versions of AutoCad (2011/2012) and have a minimum 3 to 5 years experience in the AV industry. Knowledge of 3D modeling, Revit and/or BIM is a plus.
The qualified candidate must demonstrate a professional and positive attitude, strong verbal and written communication skills, advanced computer capabilities, knowledge of construction documentation and blueprint reading.
RTS empowers its employees to do what is necessary to make each project a success for our clients. We offer an extensive list of training programs and encourage efforts toward personal and professional development. When you join the RTS team you join a highly respected, motivated group of professionals. Contact us for more information on our company and the position described above.
RTS Unified Communications is a leading provider of audiovisual, security, infrastructure, telecommunications and IT solutions for Fortune 500 and SMB clients. Our core competencies include systems design and engineering, project management, full service installation and a complete after care support and service model. The company is headquartered in New York with offices in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland and Colorado.
If you are interested in the position listed above, please send a cover letter and resume to us at email@example.com.