RTS is seeking experienced systems design engineers to join our design-build team in our New York City, Maryland and Philadelphia (Malvern, PA) offices.
RTS’ systems design engineers support our sales and operations groups in the development and fulfillment of technology solutions for clients. Some of the responsibilities of the position include:
- working with end users, architects and other professionals to assess technology requirements and author program reports summarizing functional concepts and recommendations
- reviewing architectural plans for new spaces and performing on-site evaluations of existing client facilities to develop recommendations for equipment integration
- developing equipment lists, budgets and conceptual flow diagrams
- coordinating the transfer of project related design information to our operations teams
- working with our internal staff of designers, CAD drafters, project managers, fabrication teams and field engineers to validate conceptual designs, apply engineering principles and add necessary detail to the designs in support of efficient and high quality systems installation
- coordinate all project design details across multiple disciplines
The qualified candidate will hold a CTS (CTS-D a plus) and have 3 to 5 years experience as a sales engineer or designer in the AV industry. Knowledge of AV/IT network integration is required. Experience designing CCTV, access control, infrastructure, lighting and/or building management/integration technologies is a plus.
The qualified candidate must demonstrate a professional and positive attitude, strong verbal and written communication skills, advanced computer capabilities, knowledge of construction documentation and blueprint reading.
RTS empowers its employees to do what is necessary to make each project a success for our clients. We offer an extensive list of training programs and encourage efforts toward personal and professional development. When you join the RTS team you join a highly respected, motivated group of professionals. Contact us for more information on our company and the position described above.
RTS Unified Communications is a leading provider of audiovisual, security, infrastructure, telecommunications and IT solutions for Fortune 500 and SMB clients. Our core competencies include systems design and engineering, project management, full service installation and a complete after care support and service model. The company is headquartered in New York with offices in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland and Colorado.
If you are interested in the position listed above, please send a cover letter and resume to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.